Cookies & privacy information
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files stored by your web browser on your computer or mobile phone’s hard drive. They are useful because they allow us to recognise your computer (but not specifically who is using it) when you access our website and to improve the usability and performance of our website.
Turning off and deleting cookies
For more detailed information about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org which provides guidance on how to control cookies.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Expert Training Systems plc of Hersham Place Technology Park, 41-61 Molesey Road, Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey KT12 4RS (company number 02196081).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.etsplc.com.
- If you write to us (by letter or email), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you telephone us or we telephone you, we may keep a written record of that conversation. [We may also record the conversation for the purposes of training and ensuring our service standards are maintained.]
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
All information you give us is stored on our secure servers. If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our website.
We will not sell or pass on your data to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group as may exist from time to time.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Expert Training Systems plc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Expert Training Systems plc, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to this page
Any changes we may make to our Cookies and privacy information page in the future will be posted on this page.