This report aims to show how and why businesses are using 360 degree feedback. We hope the insight and advice will be helpful for others planning or already running 360 programmes.
We started off by conducting a survey of 50 senior HR professionals from companies including Philips, Tesco, Lloyds Bank and Sainsbury’s. Between them, the HR professionals giving us their views represent well over one million employees worldwide.
They were asked questions about things like the purpose of 360 degree feedback in their organisation, how many employees are using it and how often, what it is designed to support and how people are encouraged to act on results.
Report findings at a glance:
- Increasingly diverse use of 360 as a business tool
- A growing number of organisations including some attributed feedback within reports
- Over half of organisations say usage of 360 has increased in the last five years
- 360 now being far more widely used by line managers of all levels
- The majority of organisations are using 360 on an ad-hoc basis.